Friday, May 29, 2009

birds.

I love to look at birds.  At the Panera near 71st and Lewis, I love to sit on the patio and watch the little sparrows pluck on the crumbs that nearby patrons let fall on the ground.  Whether it is intentional or unintentional, the birds always search for the crumbs so diligently.  I had always known about the Scripture in Matthew 6:25, to not be anxious in anything, because God even provides for the birds of the air.  But the first time I sat on the patio and was captivated by the little sparrows, it was as if this passage of Scripture became real and personal in my life.  


It is definitely the season that I am in as well that lead me to that observation; being at school and having to have faith even for $25 really puts this whole passage in perspective.  Being away from the parent's home rely makes my faith stretch.  I can't rely on them so much... I need to step out on my own.


Since my first day observing the birds at the Panera at 71st and Lewis, I have come to a new appreciation for the passages that interweave nature and the Gospel.  I am thankful, because in the moments that I take the time to observe God's creation I am reminded of the Scriptures that have been written on the tablet of my heart that  have to do with the surrounds I am watching.  


No comments: