I slaved all yesterday afternoon (and into the night) putting up the Christmas decor. It looks spectacular! But more than the physical house ready for the Christmas season, I desire my heart to be pure and bright with the light of Christ in this season of giving.
Our family is planning a simpler Christmas than we have had in all the years past. It is quite refreshing. We have usually been intense consumers around this time! As the children in my family are growing into young adults–with one in the Navy–we have all began to realize what we really cherish most: time spent with one another. Never before have I missed someone so close in proximity (still in the United States of America) as much as I miss my sister who joined the military this year. Madeline Elise is only in North Carolina, but for us, since we haven't seen her since August; it feels like ages... This Christmastime, more than ever, I long for our immediate family to be reunited and make memories that will last a lifetime! If I had a message to spread this holiday season, it would be: cherish the people you spend it with!
Lastly, I leave you with this insightful Christmas quote:
“God is here. This truth should fill our lives, and every Christmas should be for us a new and special meeting with God, when we allow his light and grace to enter deep into our soul.”
― Josemaría Escrivá, Christ Is Passing by
No comments:
Post a Comment