(wrote this last thursday, July 2nd. I was on vacation and wrote, but did not post:)Love the hardest and most confounding four letter word ever created.... Even in its etymology! One dictionary I searched gave nine separate, full-sentence definitions!
I say this because I started the "Love Dare" today.
Day One: don't say anything negative to your spouse.
I love that name, "Love Dare". Basically, it is forty days of learning to love others more. I don't have a spouse, but the principle of the book is simple: dare you to love more.
Love God, Love People.... a very popular saying at my private Christian university. Easier said than done.... In order for that to happen love must be the supreme priority. I desire love to compel me. One definition of compel is to "drive forcibly". This looks like passion, something that pushes and presses you forward. Love is that motivation, and nothing else. I am talking about a compelling that can not be ignored. A force to be reckoned with--that is how I want to love. I desire with every fiber of my being to love that way... compelled.... daring to love those who are unlovable. Daring to love if no love is returned. Loving when the sacrifice is great and without recognitions. Daring to love the people that I am closest to, even went they annoy the heck out of me! Daring to love my parents Daring to love an unseen God. Daring to love Him so much that I even love myself because He is in me.
kate m. b.
No comments:
Post a Comment